This used to be on my Northwest Freeway page from "Version 4.0" to "Version 8.0", but 84 Lumber is located at 22770 North West Lake Drive and built in 2007 with a functional rail spur (which built off an existing spur, not the main line). When 84 Lumber was built, it was easy to access from Northwest Freeway as there was a long driveway to the former Cameron plant (now owned by NSPS Metals) that had a railroad crossing complete with gates and lights; however, by the end of 2008 the railroad crossing permanently closed. 84 Lumber isn't much to look at these days.
Originally this was part of Cameron's recreational facilities for employees, which is why I chose the picture I did. On the south end of the driveway was a large stocked pond (drained in 2016 with a building constructed in 2017) and on the north end, a park area with a large swimming pool.
I'm not sure when it closed. It was still operational in 1995 but filled in by 2001.

No comments:
Post a Comment